Everyone knows that a web presence is essential to the success of a businessâ€¦ but without web traffic, your presence will soon sink to the bottom of the Google results, and will sit there for eternity (or until your domain name expires!) if you do not take action to increase web traffic and web marketing.
The bad news is that web traffic will not â€˜createâ€™ itselfâ€¦ you have to bring it to your website through careful planning, good ideas, and consistency. The good news is that it there are steps you can take. Follow these tips will get you well on your way to building the kind of web traffic that you need to start racking up those much-desired page views.
5 Steps to Increase Your Web Traffic
Step 1â€¦ Get a Website
Having a Website that YOU can control is absolutely essential! Having Facebook and Twitter is great, but no substitute for your own site. In fact, respected internet entrepreneur James Martell talked about this in a recent episode of his podcast, â€˜Coffee Talkâ€™. His guest Don Campbell (ex Microsoft web expert and president of â€˜Expand2Webâ€™) was talking about how many local business owners do not realize that having control over your own web presence is A NECESSITY, and that having your own website that you can control is a must!
Step 2â€¦ Make It Pretty
This is sort of self-explanatory, but I have seen some ugly websitesâ€¦ donâ€™t do this to yourself! If you are using WordPress (highly recommended), there is no reason to settle with a design that you donâ€™t like. There are so many options for customization, and it is so easy to make your site look good that there is really no excuse for failing in this department. Make it easy to read, pleasant to look at, and give it an unmistakable appearance of quality.
Step 3â€¦ Start Publishing SEO Content That Your Readers Will Find Usefulâ€¦ And Keep It Coming On A Regular Basis
There are a few reasons for this step…
- If you do not publish content, then why would anyone want to visit your site.
- If you do not keep new content coming, then why would anyone come back after seeing it once?
- Putting one or two keyword phrases (expertly and tactfully implanted) in each article or blog post will help your content to â€˜grabâ€™ internet searches relevant to what you have to offer
- Making the content interesting and/or useful to your readers will help them, which is what it is all about. If you donâ€™t help your readers, then there is really no reason for them to even be on your website
- Publishing content on a regular, consistent basis will keep readers confident that they can find something nice and new on your site on a particular day. This will cause them to â€˜planâ€™ to visit your site in advance, which is definitely a good thing for you!
Step 4â€¦ Branch Out With Other Online Avenues
Utilizing more avenues to bring traffic to your site will make a huge difference. Here are some examples that you could implement into your strategy.
- Link from your social media sites (Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Reverbnation, etc.)
- Write guest posts for other blogs or websites and plant a link leading back to your site
- Make a Google + Local listing for your business, and have it link back to your website
- Put your website address on offline materials. Order personalized checks, business cards, brochures, magnets, stickers, etc. and have your website address on all of them.
Step 5â€¦ Keep It Consistent
By enacting these strategies, you will get a good start on your web traffic. Now, fast forward two months down the road. Will you be tired of doing all of this if it has only increased your web traffic by a small to medium sized margin? Yes, you willâ€¦ but you cannot let that discourage you!
You have already grown this much, and by keeping it up you will continue to grow moreâ€¦ you just have to keep going, stay consistent, and refuse to give up. You will be so glad that you stayed with it when you start seeing a TON of web traffic on your site! It will happen, but only if you donâ€™t give up.
About the Author:
Mark Harris is a web content writer and successful internet marketer. He enjoys spending time outdoors, and often writes from the comfort of his own home or the local coffee shop. Â Mark often utilizes websites like http://www.buychecksbymail.com when researching ways to grow your business and to get more attention for your services on a local level.
Have You Increased Your Web Traffic?
If so, we want to hear from you. Share your comments below. Tell us what has worked and what has not so we can call learn together.