Understanding Google Keyword Ranking and the Value of Your Business
Online search is big business. Period.
Problem: Many website owners I speak with do not understand the true worth or dollar value of their website’s Google keyword ranking.
Solution:Â Understand the financial value of a Google keyword ranking for phrases and terms relevant to your business.Â There is a direct correlation between the number of unique phrases, monthly search volume and your position Â to the financial value of your business.Â Monitor with a keyword position checker.Â
How Your Google Keyword Ranking will Impact the Value of Your Business
Â A Crystal Clear Scenario of Google Keyword Ranking Dollar Value
Letâ€™s say you own a real estate company servicing the Dallas area. Currently your Google website position for the keyword phrase â€œDallas real estateâ€ is #8. Â Not bad for a term that gets around 5400 monthly inquiries on Google.
Butâ€¦ did you know:
- Position 1 rankings get about 42% of clicks
- Position 2 rankings get about 12% of clicks
- Position 3 rankings get about 8% of clicks
- Position 4 rankings get about 6% of clicks
- Position 5 rankings get about 5% of clicks
- Position 6 rankings get about 4% of clicks
- Position 7 rankings get about 3.5% of clicks
- Position 8 rankings get about 3% of clicks
*Information retrieved from AOLs leaked search data.
Now… imagine if:
Based on the above this real estate company currently receives about 162 unique new website visitors each month from one single keyword phrase. Impressive, right?
Now imagine if their Google keyword ranking position for the same phrase bumped up to a #3 position. This real estate website just increased its website visitor count from 162 to 431. And imagine if they ruled Google for the #1 position? They could have the potential to reach 2268 new buyers and sellers seeking information about real estate in Dallas. Your keyword ranking matters.
And… by the way:
- This real estate company retains an average of $10,500.00 per sale. Do you think they will increase business revenues each and every month if the Google keyword position for just this one phrase alone changed from position #8 to #1?
The same scenario can be applied to existing keyword positions or those not currently on Googleâ€™s radar.
Google Keyword Ranking Calculator
Want to learn more? Use my free website marketing calculator to identify online earning potential using your real numbers. Or monitor and check rankings with myÂ keyword position checker.